There are many many teacher trainings out there to choose from that I can only imagine how hard it is to pick one. That said, I believe that a Maya Yoga training is life transforming and I know for a fact that you will not be the same after experiencing one. So, I have listed 5 very good reasons why you should pick a Maya Yoga teacher training to assist you on your journey to realizing your potential as a yoga teacher. And if you think you don’t want to be a yoga teacher, our training is an incredible way to dive deeper into your own practice.
1. Take a Maya Yoga teacher training to start asking yourself the big questions: Who am I? Where did I come from? What direction am I heading?
2. Receive world class personal attention in your yoga practice from two highly experienced master teachers; Eddie Modestini and myself, Nicki Doane. We have both studied directly with Pattabhi Jois and BKS Iyengar and their senior teachers. Having two very observant sets of eyes on you at all times in a loving and non judgmental supportive environment is an amazing opportunity to bring far more awareness into your practice.
3. Surround yourself with nature, because it truly heals the soul. Our studio is nestled on a hillside in the Honokala Valley on the north shore of Maui. Listen to the sound of the ocean crashing against the rocks at the bottom of the valley and the wind blowing through the studio to feel the pulse of the planet all around you. The prana in the air here is palpable, and it feels so good and healthy to breathe deeply in this environment; to OM at Maya Yoga is divine.
4. Access the Iyengar yoga wall ropes, which Maya Yoga uses as they were taught at the Iyengar Institute in Pune, India. The incredible leverage the ropes provide cannot be overstated. There is nothing like them to open your shoulders, your lower back, and to lengthen your spine.
5. To learn about the beauty and deep seated joy that comes from the practice of chanting mantras. A Maya Yoga training will open your eyes and your heart to your spiritual body. As we open our bodies physically, they become more responsive and more vulnerable to the deeper emotions within. Yoga truly is a mind body experience and the combination of the asanas, the breathing, and the chanting is transcendental!
I had to stop at five reasons but there are so many more! Perhaps I will continue with this theme soon, but for the next two weeks I will be on the road teaching on the Big Island in Hilo at Yoga Centered this weekend and then in Bali at Radiantly Alive in Ubud.
I am so excited! Follow me on social media to catch a glimpse of my adventures! Jai Ho!!